miercuri, 7 aprilie 2010

into the black..

  • Sometimes, I wonder what I'm doing here
  • In the middle of this tiny square room
  • Filled with smoke and damp carpet
  • Soggy with spilled cheap champagne
  • With the mirrors and flashing lights
  • And plastic bowls half of salted peanuts
  • In their discarded shells.
  • And this room with tired waitresses
  • Lousy, overpriced drinks
  • Into the black...
  • I feel sorry for the men sometimes
  • Mostly I just feel contempt
  • The men with their furtive movements
  • and blank faces
  • I feel sorry for Stacey
  • Her face looks as though it's been stepped on
  • Though her body is like angel food
  • Almost too beautiful to look at
  • Her boyfriend probably doesn't when he hits her
  • I feel sorry for Lynne
  • With her expensive lingerie
  • Cheap dime store wigs
  • Trying to hide her identity
  • She's a Yale graduate with a huge loan debt
  • She hooks a little on the side
  • I feel sorry for Babette
  • With her henna'd Cleopatra hair
  • And large lumnious eyes
  • Her adorable accent of broken english
  • Can't hide her drug habit and predatory nature
  • Into the black...
  • Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here
  • Dancing naked except for a few sequins
  • Lying to men for drink commissions
  • I take their room keys and make promises I know I won't fulfill
  • We're all victims in one way or another
  • We're all here for different reasons
  • Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here
  • I like to sleep all day and stay out all night
  • The idea of a straight job is like the idea of a straightjacket
  • I like buying clothes
  • I like taking taxis
  • I'm pretty and intelligent
  • Sarcastic and selfish
  • I'm not going to be doing this forever
  • Into the black...
  • And I'm not going to be doing this forever
  • I'm only 19.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu